Sunday, June 30, 2013

Our New Chickens





A few weeks ago five Barnevelder chickens arrived and they have settled in quite happily. The whole idea of getting chickens has been a very slow process, a lot of deliberating and convincing respective family members! Now that the five girls are here everyone is more than happy except for our cat Milo, he is most upset and quite frightened of the feathered fowl! At this stage they are confined to the large coop and will be some time before they venture outside, so I am hoping this gives a Milo a chance to get used to them! Our Black Lab Mariah is most impressed with them and almost treats them like they are her babies, I am sure the chickens don't think the same way! 
Now I have a little more time on my hands my blog is getting some much needed attention, so stay tuned for future posts! Happy Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment